Tuesday 27 October 2015

To be healthy


 
 Fried potatoes with extra layer of red chillies, puris and kachodi, Mango pickles, Tomato ketch up, Mint chutney and jalebi for sweet is the usual breakfast menu of my home during Sunday or any holiday in between the week.  My in laws are a great foodie people; they have a good appetite for fried and spicy food, they can gorge on, digest well like a true Punjabi. Even I belong to a Punjabi family but breakfast at my home was oats, porridge, poha, brown bread, egg etc. 

During initial days of my married life I managed my best to avoid such heavy food, everybody would just comment that I don’t eat well, I continued with oats or cornflakes and sometimes Poha. But it was tough convincing my husband to switch his eating habits to a more healthy diet. But my hard work somehow paid well, He is the one now eating a more healthy food and I cheat on some stuffed paranthas.

The problem is we are not aware about the importance of health. We don’t know the wonders of healthy eating. Our complex routine, life style keeps us so occupied that we end up eating food with nil nutritive values. We keep on adding extra layer of unhealthy fat. We can sit for hours watching movie, television but cannot spend even half an hour on a tread mill. 

Eating healthy and working out regularly can do wonders on our body. It not only sculpts our body but is also good for our mental well being. It helps building up our overall stamina. It was last week when I visited my husband’s cousin sister. Her husband is not doing well; doctor diagnosed gastroenteritis and he was on some medications. To my surprise I found him eating samosa when we reached their home. The explanation was- his mouth tasted badly so he needed some chat pata snack.  I laughed at the first sight but ended up scolding him at this stupidity. Why we take our bodies, our own health so lightly?  Are the taste buds much dominating? 

Sports, Health, Fitness is much addictive in a good way, just be a little disciplined and follow well.

(être en bonne santé  -  to be in good health, to be healthy)

(Image Source - Here)

4 comments:

  1. I am a very sensible eater and I tell the same to Alok. Eat right and eat in moderation. Hats off to people who can eat heavy and still be healthy and active. I envy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good diet is a necessity, which many of us ignore.

      Delete
  2. Greed - that is the cause. If we can control that more than half the war is won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Indrani, many of us cannot control the desires of our taste buds. :-)

      Delete