Friday 26 August 2016

The Grandparents


Blessed are the kids who get the loving grace of grandparents. I remember my growing up days was completely bereft of care and warmth of grandparents. My maternal grandparents lived in Odisha and paternal grandparents somehow always remained preoccupied. But I still do believe that presence of grandparents is very essential for quality upbringing of a child.

I feel happiest when I see my niece bonding so well with her ‘Nani’ & ‘Nana’. My niece is a happy child with least tantrums; she is still away from menace of gadgets, she hardly watches television, and the best part is she doesn’t complaint. She spends her spare time going to the dance class, playing badminton, painting/drawing or having a book reading session with her granny. 

No doubt a child always remains closest to his or her parents but positive influence of grandparents is must for a healthy environment.  They fulfill all the gaps which we as parents may sometimes fail to provide due to busy lifestyles, strenuous working hours, etc. Though I am not a parent yet but I see that coming generation is very temperamental. They severely lack in patience.  And so they are required to be handled with care, a little extra effort can shape them up very well. The prudence, unconditional love and effortless nurturing skills of grandparents provide an abode where values and virtues thrive. 

I pity on people who consider aging parents or grandparents as a burden. In fact they are the essence of a happy family. Their blessings and countless pearls of wisdom can enhance the young generation and lift them from the pool of darkness.  


(Image – Here)

16 comments:

  1. So true Swati.
    After my mother passed away, my nani took care of me and she played the role of my mother.
    I can always connect to her despite the generation gap and she is my best friend.
    Thanks for this lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you and your Nani. Presence of elders gives feeling of security and comfort, they are the blessings.

      Delete
  2. I really loved the illustration. Can you tell me more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kalpana. What you want to know more about?

      Delete
  3. I can totally relate with this as my daughter gets so much attention for both set of grand parents! It is another matter that she only wants to watch TV and play games on the mobile :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is so sad about the present generation, they value gadgets more then anything else.

      Delete
  4. They bring in their knowledge and wisdom to help kids grow better. These days parents are normally busy doing their jobs, and grandparents fill in the void created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, they help us with knowledge, wisdom and the valuable time. :-)

      Delete
  5. I have heard so much about this but never experienced it first hand.
    I visited grandparents only during vacations and my kids lost their grand parents too soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Indrani, love of grandparents is totally unconditional, they know how to make kids learn with extreme ease and comfort. Their love is incomparable.

      Delete
  6. I was blessed to have the love of my grandparents until late in college but my kids are not fortunate enough...their grandfathers have passed away and grandmamas live far away.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truely said.
    Very nicely written mam.
    Grand parents are a blessing in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a heartwarming post. These days parents are so busy sometimes in their work fronts that the grandparents play a major role in the development of the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Maitreni. Grand parents are do like pillars of strength.

      Delete