Sunday 5 November 2017

What kept me busy all this while?

"My Heart Monster"

It was January 2015 when I started this blog. Though I am no expert writer but I did it with great passion and love, never to abandon it. And today I am back here after almost 5 months. Motherhood took over everything in my life. What a rewarding feeling to hold your baby in your arms, it is no less than bliss.

From a full time working woman, right now I am a full time mom on an extended maternity leave. Motherhood is a roller coaster ride. There are moments of happiness and some lowness too. Babies, they want every molecule, every atom of their mothers, they don’t spare even an inch. You have no free time left for yourself. Sometimes even going to the loo seems like a task to be done. You have to hold on and on and on.

I have faced it all from pregnancy complication in last trimester to post-partum depression, issues with breastfeeding, colic baby all this and more with least amount of support. I think mentally I wasn’t prepared or never gave a thought to how life would be after baby. I was just too happy to see myself pregnant after almost a year of trying to conceive.

Things are more sorted now and I have to just fight the remnants of depression from my life. I have to fight that demon called sadness and do things which make me happy and fulfilled.

I have completely lost track of my life, motherhood overpowered me. And now some serious renovation, designing is needed. I want to regain the strength and confidence which is hidden over layers of laziness and some junk. I need to somehow spare few moments no matter how little to ward off boredom and monotony. I am back to my blog and shall stay.

Well it is almost 12 am and my heart monster shall wake up anytime for mid night feed, shall post more about how I faced post-partum depression on my next post. Stay tuned.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’

3 comments:

  1. This is a part of life. There are lot to see and face the challenges. Just enjoy seeing your child grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first congrats for baby...i know i am late in congratulations. And then i hope you bounce back good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations.To be a mother is a blessing that many crave for.Enjoy the present with the growing baby and its different moods.
    Good you have resumed writing in your blog.Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete