Thursday 13 August 2015

Priceless Gift

(Photo - Here)   





I have always heard and read that life is a gift of God, live it well. It’s a beautiful creation of God, seeing a newborn coming out of a mother’s womb is something much more than any miracle. It’s a blessing.

Life is full of happiness and sadness. Pain, sorrow, smiles, laughter all go hand in hand.
Going through my morning newspaper, I read an article on organ donation and I was engulfed with some guilt and shame as I haven’t registered myself yet for this most important moral responsibility. I read further that parents of a three year old girl in Kerala donated her organs to a boy of five years, when she was declared brain dead by the doctors. How brave of her parents to take one such immediate decision of saving somebody else’s life, in spite of their own loss.

Lack of awareness I must say is still the hurdle in spreading the right message to the public, many people are still packed in the cage of stigma, wrong believes. I have heard people saying and believing that unnecessary cuts in a dead body made to take out the organs will lead to evil curse upon the family, the deceased person will find no place even in hell, or shall be reborn with deformities. How insane. There is no greater happiness in this world than the joy of giving. Care and share are the thumb rule to lead a fulfilling life. So many people die due to lack of healthy organs for transplanting.

                                     (Data Source  - Here)

We live our entire life for ourselves, our families, our friends, why can’t we be available for someone in need when we are ready to leave for heavenly abode. Just imagine, this is one such delightful feeling.

On this very day my husband and I pledge to donate every bit of our healthy organs, to the one in need.

Feeling determined and full of empathy I continue to hum my song of the day -…

 Madhuban khushbu deta hai, saagar saawan deta hai
 Jina usaka jina hai, jo auro ko jivan deta hai
 Madhuban khushbu deta hai......"




                                               (Data Source - Here)




17 comments:

  1. A very noble thought and cause to take up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh really respect the feelings ..

    Thanks for Sharing
    IID Outfit Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and a very noble move, Swati... I intend to do the same...
    sharing your post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great.Hats off to you and your husband.

    Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very noble gesture, very humbling indeed. Respect

    ReplyDelete
  6. A moving post and a noble gestureindeed Swati!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was what I thought too. What use are these organs going to be when life leaves us. I've signed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing comparable to gifting your organs.
      :-)

      Delete