Friday 8 July 2016

The unsettled life.....





It has been almost 9 years of my employment life. Fresh out of college, I immediately got my first placement. It was an awesome feeling to be able to live an independent life. At that time I stayed away from home for almost 4 years. It was indeed the learning phase. There after I got married in Delhi and was lucky again to find a decent job for myself. 

All these years, I had been a fiercely independent person, highly committed to my job. I had always loved my job and ready to invest all of my blood and sweat to it. But since last 6 months some unknown bug has bitten me, I am developing a sort of aversion to this routine of mine. This concept of 9:00 to 6:00 has starting hitting me hard. It tires me to hell. I am no more willing to continue this trail of my life. Strange enough for a person like me.  Sometimes I feel like being in a churning machine.

My current job is good, my team is highly supportive, and I get to work with like - minded people on different projects which even required traveling to different places.  There are no qualms with the job. But something inside me holds me back. Literally I have to drag myself to office every day. And now sooner or later I have to decide on alternatives.

I know now for sure that I want some change. Being financially independent is essence of life. And I have to decide – what next? Though some start up ideas revolve around my head, I have a vague layout of a plan but need to do a concrete workout before I take this plunge. 

Undergoing this extreme unsettled phase of my life where I may require starting things from a scratch, scares a lot.  But I have unflinching confidence in my Lord, faith in self and a partner to bank upon. I know I can adjust and work even harder. I believe in Karma and shall continue my deeds relentlessly. Rest, time will unfold what comes next.

Image - Here

14 comments:

  1. You need a change of job! I have similar issues when I continue for long in a company - I can't do same work year after year.

    I have changed 6 jobs in 9 yrs (some required a chance anyway; example, when I got into MBA), and thinking back I made the right choice.

    But traveling should be fun ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, life becomes monotonous at time.
      Traveling is fun, no doubt.

      Delete
  2. Interesting, isn't it, that the world has so many jobs to offer and yet we remain misfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. World do has lots to offer yet sometimes we still can't choose.

      Delete
  3. It happens dear. May be, something better is waiting for you. I am glad that you have self confidence and faith in the Lord. I am sure you will shine even brighter. Wish you all the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries! Who knows the Almighty has something better in store for you! :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Maitreni. We should be positive. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  5. Ask yourself two simple questions

    1) What is that you want to do?
    2) Are you willing to walk all the way to do it?

    If you get clear answers to these questions then you gotta pursue them. If you're not then it could be something plain as fatigue. Just take a sabbatical in that case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots more questions in my mind but I have answers to them. As of now I am still analyzing things.
      Thanks a lot for your suggestion, it means a lot. :-)

      Delete
  6. If you fall out of love with your job, it is time to look for other options....and maybe take a break for sometime to refresh yourself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am looking for other options and analyzing them.
      Thanks a lot Sunaina :-)

      Delete