Sunday 17 May 2015

My First Expert




My Mom & Me
Women are blessed by the almighty to be able to create a life within them. It is a divine feeling to be able to give birth and welcome a new life in this world. But with motherhood comes a powerful responsibility of raising a child in to a capable and responsible citizen as it is said "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Is the Hand That Rules the World ".

A mother is the first guide, teacher, coach, friend to a child. The first expert for the child in all regards. She has the best solutions to all our woes. I had stumbled, fallen, failed, faced low times but I always had my relief in ‘My Mother’, she is my confidant. I have very fond memories of my childhood with my mother where she has stood like a pillar protecting me, in fact not only childhood till today my mother is my anchor.

She is the most beautiful person and has wonderful ways of advising and administering, lifesaving remedies to all our problems big or small. There are not one but numerous incidents when mother would hold the hand and take me out of all the worries. 

She kissed me and hugged me tight when I had fallen from the swing and broke my bone.
She wiped my face when I had my first big fight with my best friend.
I am of a nervous constitution; during exams she would bless me and keep cheering my mood. She would always encourage me whenever I scored low.
She is the one person, who would bear my unbearable tantrums, teenage - mood swing, like an expert she helped me with personal control and managed all my disagreements.
She is the strength to the entire family, kept us united, protected during all our days of adversity.

She controlled and gathered the ruins of my broken soul, when my marital life was about to collapse. She counseled, supported and guided well. She saved us.
Providing my siblings and me with all the love, care, hugs, kisses and protection, mother gave strength, courage, independence, autonomy and power to face the world as a responsible person. Her multidimensional expertise taught us to be patient, understanding, humble, honest, disciplined and hardworking. 

From my teething woes as an infant to stammering issue’s when I started speaking,
From my fear of going to school as a young kid, to my examination anxiety and fear of results as a young adult,
All my dietary issues even my teenage love pangs,
Controlling my fears of going to another city for higher studies as well as managing funds for it,
Patiently listening to my never ending career related apprehensions along with working hard to finding a companion for me.
Sidelining her own problems, age related health concerns, she is always available or rather always beside me, protecting and supporting me.

My mother is my backbone, my pillar of strength. She will forever be my first expert.










14 comments:

  1. A glowing tribute to mothers in general and to your mother in particular.
    Best wishes in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. :-)
      Your honest words always gives me lots of encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful narrative Swati. I hope you win this contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you liked it.
      Thank you very much.

      Delete
  3. Both of you look gorgeous. Mothers are the best, they teach us, guide us and our best friends.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely pic... god bless the gorgeous ladies :) awesome post Swati! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Archana.
      Hugs to you also dear :-)

      Delete
  5. A great tribute. Mothers sow the seeds of whatever grows up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your generous comment. :-)

      Delete
  6. Love the picture and the tribute. Mothers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, mothers are the best.
      Thanks a lot. :-)

      Delete