Tuesday 10 March 2015

My New Life


It dates back to the year 2009, having completed my graduation (Medical), in a quest to start my own life and earn my own living, I left my parent’s house and started working as a medical officer in a sugar mill located in Uttar Pradesh. I managed a decent living with my earnings, worked hard, and got good perks. I made good friends at my work place.  Life was going on in a perfect manner.
It was the industrial set up with a huge campus and I was given the charge of medical center. There was a health coordinator engaged by the management at my work place on consultation basis, who would visit our office weekly and used to train shop floor employees on hygiene, first aid and fire safety. Being the medical officer I used to accompany him during his sessions.  

Impressed by training skills and knowledge of Mr. A, in matter of few days I felt somewhat attached to him. We bonded well and felt compatible with each other. In no time love blossomed and romance was in the air. I was happy the way my life shaped up. I was in love with my journey of life. I found my soul mate in A. Someone who would lend me his shoulder and rest my head upon during bad times. I felt a deep commitment for him.

Our respective families were still unaware of this bonding. He was hesitant to disclose our relationship on a social level. Time kept on passing. I was busy enjoying my life.  I blindly followed my pursuit to happiness. I was satisfied with my professional as well as personal growth, so never complained A about anything.

Almost six months passed, time lifted the veil. My life fell apart, as if woken from a scariest dream. Like a movie scene my so called happy life broke into pieces. Mr. A was already leading a married life with two kids. His family was living somewhere down south. 

He had lots of reasoning and explanations to give but I got completely deaf. Nothing was left between us to discuss, it was finished. Depression rolled over me, these happenings subdued a happy jovial person. Loneliness became my companion.  Vowing never to make friends with men, never to fall in love, never to marry, I continued my job, gave it my entire time, worked harder.
Around 2 years passed I wasn’t out of my past life yet and things got worse with parents pressurizing me to get married. I avoided them, lessened my home visits.  But this wasn’t my fate. The past was long gone away. I was demeaning my life without any reason.  I had to help myself.  I attended spiritual classes, counseling sessions, and hobby classes. It really helped me lessen the burden I carried in my heart for all these years. With no friend I had left around I shared my entire story with my Mother, she said nothing but gave me immense strength and a promise ‘that life goes on’, no matter what. 

With a twinkling hope in my heart, to start a new life, I shifted to my home town Delhi with parents.  And this shifting and changing place gave me the much needed change.

Bygone are the sad days,
Bowing to lord with all the praise,
Like fresh dew drops and warm sun rays,
Transform the life and start living in new ways’.

Life was again looking beautifully at me. My new life came with lots of pleasant surprises. I got my dream job to work in a social sector.  Got married and found a wonderful companion in my husband. He completed my life so much that I never ever have to look back. 

The journey of life is full of ups and downs. Never ever get dishearten with low times. Keep moving, always have the power within to get up, hold the emotions and start again, it’s never too late.  Keeping freshness in thoughts, make your journey beautiful. We should always keep a spark to excel alive in our hearts. Preserve all good things and never hesitate to bring in positive changes, the changes for our own good.

#StartANewLife



(The story of this post relates to me with some reality, some dreams, little bit of fiction from my wandering mind, a piece of creativity from a corner of my heart)

10 comments:

  1. Very true, Swati. Life is always full of ups and downs. It's how we change the downs into ups that defines us. And hat's off to you for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Swati. It is important to keep moving ahead. Like they say, tough times don't last, tough people do.
    Best
    Shantala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my first visit and am glad I stumbled here on this post .
    Right o .. life is full of surprises - some pleasant some sad..
    Good to know you started afresh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kokila.
      Life is like beautiful journey.
      With our positive thoughts and good actions we should make it worthwhile.

      Delete
  4. Wow. How could someone lead a dual life?
    Kudos to you for starting fresh on your own terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear.
      This is called life with all sorts experience.......

      Delete
  5. Strong people are few and you are one of them..........

    All the best!

    Regards,

    Yash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yash for appreciating as well as encouraging me.

      Delete