Saturday 14 March 2015

Togetherness......



Love holds families together. The pleasure of being surrounded by your near and dear ones is the most beautiful thing in life. While growing up we generally overlook the companionship we get from our families.

After my studies completed, I had to shift to different city for better job prospects. My father and brother at that time was already working in another cities, and my elder sister was happily married and living with her spouse in Andaman.

It was such a time when all in our family of five were living separately, only mobiles and internet connected us. My mother was left alone in the home town with two pet of ours. Special occasions and festivals were medium to unite us. Things started getting tough when work load made things difficult for me as I couldn’t visit my mother frequently, I was residing nearest to her. Months went by with no meeting of ours. Busy schedules, individual lives were creating turmoil in her. We had made her lonely. She never complained, wished us luck and happiness. Resultant my mother came under the grip of depression. She used to cry with no one around her to share joy and sadness. 

As we were aware of her condition my father and we siblings decided to pay her a surprise visit. Deepawali was approaching, so we planned a visit to mother 4 days in advance. When the day came, we reached home, the joy in her eyes seeing all of us together is beyond description. Flooded with tears of love, choked throat with emotions she hugged all of us tight. Though I understood she was hiding the pain inside. That night she hugged me, while making me sleep and slowly whispered in my ear that “never ever leave me alone” ,"I cannot lead a lonely life anymore”. She said, please stay back with me. Enormous guilt engulfed me, mother is closest to me, and for glorifying my professional prospects, I left her alone to lead a deserted life. 

Self growth is important but priorities have to be made. Gathering all my strength and optimism I resigned from my job and decided to live with mother.  I Started searching for a new job. It took time, made me a bit low as I was jobless for around a month, but with blessing  and profound optimism of mother I found my dream job. Gradually my father and brother shifted with new prospects. Now we are a big happy family. 

I am married now luckily in my hometown, my sister and her family is also now settled here. We make it a point to visit mother and father every week, no matter sometimes even a short visit, but the laughter, hugs and joys we share during these times have given us beautiful memories and precious smiles on face of parents during our visits give us strength, courage and loads of optimism that though no matter stressful, and demanding is the present situation, we still can say that life is beautiful and togetherness of family makes it worthwhile and invaluable.

 

Though some important members are missing here in this photograph but this is one of our precious moment of togetherness......... 





                                                                

10 comments:

  1. It is not always possible for all children to stay with parents as demands of job or the marriage may take them away to other cities or even countries.It is difficult but one gets accustomed to it.In your mom's case she was left alone and that doesn't happen normally.I admire your decision to come back to home town and fortuitous circumstances helped others also to join you all in the same city.Blessed are you people to be close to each other.Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy to see your comment on my post.
      You know Sir my husband and I got much lucrative job offers which needed to settle much far away from parents but we denied and we are happy with that. For both of us family comes first. We are earning fairly well here and are satisfied.

      Delete
  2. Life is about choices. Nice that you chose the quality- togetherness.
    Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the right thing by shifting to your mother. Nice post.... :)
    Keep smiling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, togetherness is very important...not just for strength but also for our sanity..a family is the most important entity in our society and must be cherished...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Prasad. You are right family ties are must for our sanity.
      Best of wishes to you.

      Delete
  5. Life is multidimensional, and relationship, career, health, money are some of its dimensions. A proper balance and resonance is very much required.

    One cannot grow in real sense if one neglects the most important dimension of life, yes you are right it is the RELATIONSHIP.

    I heartily appreciate your decision...........

    A nice family photograph

    Go ahead, make choices and live life......

    Thanks,

    Regards,

    Yash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your valuable comment.
      Life is incomplete without relationships.
      Though many times unintentionally we tend to neglect them which is not right. Time gone by never comes back.

      Warm wishes to you Yash.

      Delete