Saturday 7 March 2015

With Love to Jagjit Singh


Dear Maestro

‘You touched the deepest cord in me with finest tone of your voice.
Your songs melodious in tune with my heartbeat make the soul rejoice in love.
The pain and pleasure your music entices, enchanted I stood by your singing so nice.
I looked withered, my face parched, came to conscious, am drenched with feelings.
You sung in agony, you sung in love, you made alive my perished soul.
Something’s sweet, something’s sour, quenched my thirst these pure dealings.
The rhythm divine, the love sublime with subtle honesty the music flows.
They say you rest in peace in the heaven above, but my heart denies…
For you live forever in melodies of my heart.
And as I read this letter with proud
You are their high above shining brightest in the sky
With love and gratitude here I sigh…’

Will quote for your generous soul the beautiful song sung by you.


Pyar  ka  pehla  khat  likhne  mein  waqt  to  lagta  hai,
Naye  parindon  ko  udne  mein  waqt  to  lagta  hai…

Jism  ki  baat  nahi  thi  un  ke,  dil  tak  jana  tha,
Lambi  duri  tai  karne  me,  waqt  to  lagta  hai…….”

Your wonderful voice gave life to words. Such is the charm of your voice that lyrics became soulful. The feelings alive and are felt by heart.

You helped enliven and made popular the ghazals (indian classical form). Having faced hardship and tragedies in life, you kept on moving with the essence of your songs and music.

And now when I had to believe that you are gone, I still keep you preserved safely and purely with the same essence of your music in my heart, in my senses…forever…..

My dear melodious and harmonious soul will sum my letter with beautiful words of this song-

“…..Tere khushboo mein base khat main jalaata kaise
 Pyaar mein dube huye khat main jalaata kaise
 Tere haathon ke likhe khat main jalaata kaise
 Tere khat aaj main Ganga mein baha aaya hoon
 Aag behate huye paani mein laga aaya hoon”

From someone
Entwined to your melody forever…


#Indiblogger #Indispire #theunsentletters

8 comments:

  1. "Tere khushboo mein base khat mein jalata kaise..." ~This song of Arth movie makes me emotional everytime I listen to it. Jagjit Singh's voice is so divine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Purba
      His songs are evergreen!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete